Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 2 September 2014

Sunny.

It's been dry and mostly sunny today. It was lovely to feel the warmth of the sun on my back as I did the morning dead heading of the hanging baskets. There wasn't much of a drying wind but I still did 2 loads of washing and put them out on the line. That's the last of the bedding from the recent visit, just a few more towels to wash and dry and all will be back to normal. 
As I folded up the flip-over foam sofa bed I was once again faced with the fact that the zip-off cover really needs a wash. The problem is that the care label shows that you should not wash the main cover. I'm guessing this is because part of it appears to be made from some sort of pressed fibres ( paper?) which might disintegrate in the washing machine. But the cover is very grubby. Should I risk it and then repair any damage? My solution is to stitch a piece of fabric on to the zip over the strange fabric. Then it won't matter if the fibre stuff tears or disintegrates. So far I've cut some of the seams of a spare duvet cover and pinned it to the sofa cover. Next I'll have to stitch it all by hand but luckily all that is inside the folded sofa and won't be seen.
Being at school all day yesterday has made my back twinge so apart from hanging up the washing and lots of ironing I've taken things fairly easy. It was quite warm outside so I was able to sit and read my book though Squeaky kept coming to sit on my lap. She's getting old and likes her comforts. 

2 comments:

Harriet said...

Like Squeaky, I like my comforts. Your answer to the cover is good. What is the hanging white flower? Take it easy .. don't need your back ailing.

Ruta M. said...

That's a pale pink fuchsia that my friend with the lovely garden gave me last year. In some places around here people grow it as a hedge but I'll keep it pruned so that it doesn't get too big.