Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 19 September 2014

Wet.

Heavy rain this morning kept me working inside today. Or at least for the morning, until the sun came out again. I worked on my journal and then gave in to Squeaky's demands that I provide a warm lap for her to sit on. 
Once I was able to get outside I focused on weeding the rest of the stone wall. That job is finally done and I did a few more cutting back and sweeping up jobs. Another down-side to gardening in flip-flops is when you discover a slug under your heel, yuck! My poorly foot is no longer painful and the bruise is changing to yellow with a couple of red marks.
I had been working in the shade so once the garden work was done I sat out in the last patch of sun in the scree garden for a cup of tea. There I was joined by various flying creatures. First a bumble bee sat on my t-shirt, then a butterfly sat on my fingers and stayed there while I raised my hand to have some sips of tea. After that a honey bee sat sunning itself on my forearm and refused to move even when I blew gently at it. My last visitor was a white tailed bumble bee that sat for a while on the page of my book.
Supper tonight is the last of the home grown peas and beans cooked up into a soup.  Peter tells me he had noticed the new mirror, just kept forgetting to mention it.
Shark!

3 comments:

Harriet said...

Your garden photos give my eyes a treat. Loved the shark.

happyone said...

I like the rain against the window. Very nice.
Did you have yellow on? Sometimes that attracts the little critters.

Ruta M. said...

Not a speck of yellow, navy blue vest and black shorts but I was in the last bit of sun up there.I don't mind the bees so long as they don't sting but biting flies can be a real nuisance when I'm working.