Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 6 September 2014

Warm.

It's been another fine day, occasionally hot but mainly pleasantly warm. We were woken by the sound of Paul's digger as he carried on clearing the mud from his silt trap where the stream enters his land. 
I got my scrubbing brush and washed the sofa cover in the bath before draping it over the garden chairs to drip. Hopefully, if tomorrow's weather is like today I'll be able to hang it up on the washing line to dry off properly. Most of the grubbiness has washed out so the hard work has paid off. Maybe I didn't need to stitch on the extra fabric but I might take it to the launderette one day to get it really clean.  
This robin was enjoying the lovely weather too singing away in a tree overlooking the chickens's run. I picked the last of the peas with some mange tout and french beans to go in tonight's stir-fry which Peter is cooking. It was such a lovely afternoon that I pottered around the garden doing a little cutting back before settling to make a start on cutting down  the tall mansorium crocosmia that grows on either side of the drive. It's much easier to cut when it's dry and if I do a bit each time it won't be such a chore. After that I gave myself up to the pleasure of sitting in the sun, listening to the birds and reading a book. 

1 comment:

Harriet said...

I did walk around my garden this morning. Lots to cut down, divide and replant. Two of my lilac bushes have "scale". Unfortunately, one I cut down and dig out the other I might be able to save.

Your robin is beautiful. Ours are brown with red or reddish breast. I love the songs of our birds. Right now we have more buzzing from annoying and aggressive yellow jackets.