Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 27 September 2014

Warm.

Last week's hectic schedule finally took its toll on me and I found it hard to get going this morning. However it was a perfect day for working outside, overcast but warm so after the downing of a pot of fresh coffee and some extra pain killers I got on with repairing the path. Stage 4 was mixing up some standard concrete ie greyish, and re-pointing the bricks that flank the path and make up the steps. I cleared out all the loose pointing so there was quite a bit to do but already the path is looking a lot better.
When I first came downstairs this morning a family of blue-tits were foraging in the honeysuckle that grows up the house wall. They were very welcome as I have noticed that being in a sheltered position there are usually a lot of whitefly and other  aphids in the climbers growing there.
This miniature rose is only about 2 cms across. 

No comments: