Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 16 September 2014

Hot.

After a cool start it has felt like a hot and hazy summer's day. It was so nice that I treated myself to half an hour of reading in the sun before going to work. That was after I grouted the tiles under the mirror in the bathroom.
 Before.

After.
Somehow I've never got the hang of grouting tiles, it looks so easy when you see it being done on the TV. A swipe with the grout then a wipe over with some sort of squeegee thing and it's done. Overall it's not a brilliant job but I gave up looking for a replacement mirror of the same size and just used what I had to hand. Even though Peter uses that nice warm bathroom as his dressing room he hasn't noticed the new mirror. He has been in a lot of pain and lacking sleep lately but I am going to wait and see how long it does take him to notice.
Yesterday on the local news they were talking about how good a year it has been for butterflies. The small tortoiseshell butterfly numbers had dropped so low in previous years that there was concern we would lose them altogether. Luckily numbers are up this year and I would say there were 4x or 5x more small tortoiseshells than any other butterfly in the garden.  
I had another lovely afternoon working with a small group of children for phonics and then listening to readers. After school some of the children were going to a PE club being run by an outside company that uses our hall. We took them down to the hall, got them changed and then waited ....... and waited. There was obviously some mix up but as the parents would not be coming for another hour the Headteacher asked me if I would stay and run the club. I agreed even though sport is not really my thing. My only concern was a boy who has diabetes whose sugar levels still tend to fluctuate but his class teacher said she would be in the building if there were any problems. But apart from one child who fell and grazed her hand it went smoothly. It was nearly 6.00 by the time I got home in time for a gentle stroll around the garden catching the last of the evening sun.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Looks like you did a good job. Looks really nice.