Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 4 September 2014

Hot.

Woke up this morning to more sun streaming through the trees. There's still an autumnal feel with the grass staying wet for most of the day. Later in the afternoon the temp went up to 30C, too hot to be comfortable but  it was soon alleviated by a welcome breeze.
This morning I had an appointment at the dentist which I was NOT looking forward to. This was to deal with the cavity under a crown which had been missed on a previous check up! I knew the crown was going to be taken off but then the uncertainty  began. Best scenario was a simple filling followed by a replacement crown which would be metal not white like the original. Apparently the NHS no longer lets you have a white crown at the back. I wasn't planning a gangsta look but poor people can't be choosers. Unfortunately a root canal filling is needed, and no I can't pay for a private one Mr Dentist, so I get the basic NHS equipment. Today he just drilled out the tooth and squirted in some horrible stuff to clear the infection before putting a temporary filling on it. No appointments available for 2 1/2 weeks for the next stage. He also told me that the molars on the other side can't be re-root canal filled unless I go private but I had already decided to have them taken out so I won't start an argument over that even though he isn't allowed to say that. I had almost decided to have today's tooth out but he persuaded me that it would be better to try and save that one even if I have a denture for all the rest of my missing lower teeth. Not only was I totally stressed over having to make decisions about my teeth but he assured me that today's work wouldn't hurt. HUH! I ended up having 2 injections because the nerve was most definitely not dead. And he was surprised that I looked so apprehensive when I walked in. 
When I got home all I wanted to do was sit and read as my back was sore and the stressful morning had brought on a horrible headache. But the lawns badly needed cutting. They were dry and ready for cutting last Tuesday which would have made the garden look much better for our visitors but my back was not good then and I decided not to. Today the grass was long and wet but I worked slowly and took great care every time I had to bend down to take off the grass box and eventually it got done. At the same time I baked some chocolate chunk biscuits for Peter to take to work and cooked and sieved some windfall apples to make apple leather. Eventually I sat out in the sun and read and I plan to take things easier tomorrow.

2 comments:

happyone said...

Oh not a good day at the dentist. : (
Tomorrow has to be a better day. : )

Harriet said...

Oh, Ruta, how I sympathize with dental problems. I've found the growing old really is for the hearty!!