Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 5 September 2014

Warm.


It's been another pleasant day. Not as sunny or as hot as yesterday but nice enough to bring out the butterflies and bees.
First thing this morning there was a lot of dew around making it easy to spot the many spiders' webs around. My back was a bit sore after yesterday's mowing so once I had done my daily jobs I burrowed under a throw on the sofa and watched TV. Some episodes of Got to Dance  and the final. I love seeing all the different dance styles and how talented the dancers are. If it wasn't for my arthritis and my back I'd be dancing along - well maybe. On Wednesday I made the mistake of starting Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes as a loosening up activity for the children. I had to stop and explain that due to my old age I couldn't bend to touch my toes but they should certainly be doing it. 
Once I had rested I got on with sewing the sofa cover. I was able to use the machine for most of the stitching of the fabric onto the zip and only had a little hand finishing to do. There were also a few rips to repair. Before putting the cover in the bath to soak I shoved it into the washing machine to see if it would fit. It does but with no room to spare so I think I'll have to do the washing as well as the pre-soak in the bath.
While I was sewing in the spare room I could hear the loud chittering of a squirrel outside. There's been a lot of squirrel noise recently, mainly near the cob nut trees. Besides a very bird like chittering they also squeak and whistle and twitch their tails.  This particular squirrel was sitting in a tree over the stream. I couldn't see any other squirrels around so maybe it was a general keep off noise. The squirrel was so shocked to see me that it froze on this branch. It was still there minutes later and even gave me enough time to go downstairs to get my camera. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Hope your back is feeling better now.
Wonderful shot of the spider web!!