Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 15 September 2014

Crisp.

A bright crisp morning today. I don't mind if it's a bit chilly as long as the sun is shining. That fills me with energy and this morning I did my usual routine before I stopped for breakfast and then went on to hoover upstairs. The corner spare room needed a tidy up after my sewing project but I'm pleased with how even hand washing the cover has brightened up the sofa. As  sofa it's not that comfortable but it does make an easy single or double spare bed.
By the time I was heading in to work it felt fairly warm and I didn't even bother with a fleece or bodywarmer. As I'm still an 'extra' in the Year 1 classes I had a lovely afternoon working with small groups of children for phonics and then listening to individual readers. Because I grabbed one group of children as they walked back from PE on the field I took them to sit in the dappled shade of a cherry tree on the No-Mow (fake grass). After work I went into town lugging 2 big bags of stuff for the charity shop. Although it seems as though I have been clearing stuff for years I now only have 1 bedroom that needs sorting out. Oh, and then there is the loft with more boxes and my mother's drawings and pictures.
Earlier in the morning I saw some movement in the field which turned out to be a couple of deer. Their dusty brown coats are almost a perfect match for the dry autumnal grasses and even with the binoculars it was hard to spot them.  By the time I got home from town the shade was creeping across the garden with the last few sunny sedums covered in bees. The number of swallows has decreased with maybe 1 or 2 families left. Soon they'll be off to Africa for the winter. On the other hand the owls have become quite noisy again squeaking and whoo-whooing in the trees at night.
Peter finally got to see the doctor today and it turns out that the shoulder cartilage is acutely inflamed. No wonder it has been so painful and he hasn't been able to sleep properly. He had 2 injections straight into the joint and a bit of a telling off for leaving it for so long. He's signed off work for the week at least though it may take months before it is fully recovered.

1 comment:

happyone said...

I like those kinds of mornings too. : )