Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 10 September 2014

Still Hot.

The warm weather continues, hooray! so this morning as well as a load of washing I hung out the spare, spare duvets to air. These were the 3 duvets that I didn't use when our summer visitors came but I'm loathe to throw them out because we might need them if we had a full house. At least now they are aired and ready to use. I was planning to grout the small tiles around the mirror I put up yesterday but when I got the grout out it had gone hard. Instead I did a little gardening, cutting back the old foliage on one of the hardy geraniums that I plan to divide. Now that my meagre vegetable harvest is almost eaten I'll use that plot for propagating the plants that I want to take with me when we move. As I worked outside all I could hear was the lazy cooing of a wood pigeon and the high pitched chirps of the swallows.
I had a lovely afternoon working with both Year 1 classes in turn getting them changed for or from PE and then running a whole class phonics session. That's quite challenging as there is a wide range of abilities and normally the children have their phonics lessons in ability groups. After school we had a staff meeting looking at the new literacy curriculum and specifically at the SATs papers the children will take at age 7. So now instead of asking the children to use describing words or adjectives it will be noun phrases . And who knows what a fronted adverbial is? Because the children should be using them in their writing. Thanks a lot Michael Gove (who is no longer minister for education). No doubt this will all change again in a year or two.
The sun was still shining as I drove home this evening but I turned temporarily into an angry person when I saw all the hunt followers' vehicles parked along the country road. 

No comments: