Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 18 September 2014

Warm.

A whole day at home and it has been warm and dry. It did rain for all of 10 mins, long enough for me to run and take down the washing that was on the line and hang it up over the rayburn. My task for today was to weed all of the wall by the scree garden. 
I was doing really well until I got distracted by cutting down the rubus hedge behind the wall which has spread into a thicket. The long handled branch loppers that Peter got me are perfect for the job and I was able to cut through the runners as well. To do a proper job I would have to dig over that bit of wasteground and get out all the runners but at least it is a bit tidier. Half the wall has been done and I'll try and get the rest done tomorrow.
It was while I was pulling at some rubus that had grown into the stone wall that I dislodged a stone, about the size of half a brick, which fell on my foot. Fortunately I din't swear but only said OW very loudly. Sound carries in our valley and I know there were kids at the stables. The above photo ('scuse grubby feet) is after taking a break with an ice pack on my foot which reduced the swelling. The perils of gardening in flip-flops! After said break I pulled up the rest of the peas and beans in the veg plot and dug out the weeds. Now that rain is due I can have a go at dividing some of my favourite garden plants.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Work never ends in the garden.