Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 22 September 2014

Sunny.

There are 3 good things about getting up early. Firstly, you get to see the sun, then jobs are done early - even though I was going to work today I had time to clean and hover up before leaving and finally you appreciate all the mornings you don't have to get up so early. I spent the morning being an extra person in one of our reception classes. That involved supporting one child who responded very badly to being told no or to do something, taking 10 children around the school for a 'listening walk' and then supervising a painting table.  The children could use brushes or fingers to paint with and one quiet little boy had a wonderful time painting his nails all different colours. Then as it was the first time the children would be staying for lunch I helped settle them down in the hall and chopped up sausages for those who wanted. Then I drove to the builders' merchants for some sand and cement for a couple of repair jobs around the place.
Although it had been hot and sunny all morning the grass was still wet when I got home but I got the mower out anyway. Yesterday the grass was nice and dry but I knew the mowing would be too much for me after Saturday's exertions. The grass steps up the hill had become rather overgrown and hazardous so I went over them with my new long handles shears as well. So much easier than strimming or even cutting with ordinary shears. Then there was still time to sit outside with a cup of tea (and a few painkillers) before the evening cooled down.
I also made 4 phone calls to try and clarify the whole dentist debacle. The various NHS people I spoke to were helpful and the last one gave me some very good advice. It seems I can change dentist even in the middle of a course of treatment. My final call was to the Practice Manager at the surgery to ask why the 6 month delay and to say that I wanted to change dentist. She was very pleasant and explained that 6 months was their standard to make sure the treatment had worked- okay I'll buy that and yes I can see another dentist instead. She's going to phone me tomorrow after she has spoken to Saturday's dentist but I guess I'll never know if it is the practice's policy to hurry things up or if my chap was too impatient. At least I may save some other victim from such an upsetting experience.
Sudden thought, would they offer me free teeth whitening as recompense? I doubt it seeing as they charge £500 for that. 

1 comment:

Harriet said...

The little boy painting his finger nails different colors....big smile from me.