Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 13 September 2014

Overcast.

It felt like such a luxury to be able to sleep for as long as I needed this morning. And that's after only 2 mornings of having to get up for a full day at work. It's been overcast today and a little cooler but after a late start and doing the housework there was still time for a potter around the garden. I did a little work as well, cutting down the rest of one of the clumps of big crocosmia. I also began the job of clearing the bank above the bottom lawn by picking up the broken twigs left over from the tree felling escapade. I thought it might be a good idea to collect them while they are dry, break them up and put them in a spare bin to use as kindling when we start using the woodburner in the sitting room. So a sort of 2 jobs in 1 activity.
There were less butterflies around today with most of them up in the scree garden on the sedum. When I bent down to pull up some weeds I could really smell the sweet scent of the nectar. With all the flowering grasses it's hard to walk along the path but I can see that come winter I'll need to clear a lot of weeds. 
I first grew this snapdragon many years ago but every now and again a seedling pops up.

No comments: