Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 9 September 2014

Hot Again !

Once again the morning dew decorated the many spider webs and left the garden very  wet. With the promise of yet another hot day I put the wool blanket in the machine and it did indeed dry nicely in the sun. I did a bit of gardening in the morning but I saved my energy for mowing the lawn once I got home from work. The grass was dry and so much easier to cut than last week's effort when there was several weeks growth of wet grass to deal with.
At school I did more or less the same as yesterday with the other Year 1 class though this time I took 7 children down to the Secret Garden so that we could collect some flowers for them to sketch. At the end of the afternoon I was asked to set up a display area for their science work on plants. Such hardship, I love doing displays but don't often get the chance as I don't have my own class. And no 'accidents' for me to clear up today.
This morning I finally got round to fixing the broken mirror in the main bathroom. It's stuck to the wall and been tiled around so when some wild horseplay by the boys ended up with a shattered mirror it wasn't simply a case of taking it down. I needed to find something I could stick over it, not so easy as it is an arched mirror. A few years back I bought a smaller arched mirror at the dump for a couple of pounds and not being able to find anything better I decided to just use that with some smaller glass tiles to fill in the space. All I need to do now is grout the little tiles and I can show the before and after pictures.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Yes, it is so much easier to mow the lawn when it is dry!! I think it's better for the lawn mower too. : )
Your gardens are so pretty. I like how natural it looks. Beautiful.