Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 7 September 2014

Hot.

When I first opened my eyes this morning all I could see through the window was white, as a mist blocked out the field and even the garden. By 8.00 it had mostly burned off leaving a sunny morning. Later it became overcast but this was offset by the breeze which made the conditions ideal for drying the sofa cover spread over chairs in the yard and more washing on the line. 
Later in the afternoon it got really hot, 80F, perfect for drying my hair as I sat outside with Squeaky. No matter where I sit in the garden she comes along a few minutes later wanting to sit on my lap. I've done all the ironing, made the bed and we are ready for another week.

Even at this time of year cutting down those trees on the boundary has made a difference to the light in the garden. The photo above shows the shadow of the remaining tree stretching across the grass while previously the whole of that area would have been in shadow.

No comments: