Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 3 February 2015

Sunny.

It's been a lovely sunny day after an icy start. Chopping and moving wood soon had me warmed up. I split 2 or 3 logs in each barrow load as there are still a lot of branch sized logs in the shed. Some of the bigger logs are so knotted I can't split them at all so I'm leaving those until hopefully somebody younger and stronger comes to stay. In the afternoon I was teaching the reception children, more on Where does our food come from? I had a bit of an IT setback in the first class. I had set everything up at lunchtime but when I turned to the laptop it had gone dead. Slight panic on my part as we were going to watch some short videos about growing crops before playing a game on the interactive whiteboard. We jiggled all the connections but neither myself nor the TA could get it to work. So we called for help from the TA from the other class because he is a bit more experienced with computers. He spotted the reason straight away. Somebody, possibly the cleaner, had turned off the wall switch. The laptop kept on going until its battery ran out and confused us all. One of the games the children played involved dragging a picture of a food source to the appropriate label. One boy was too short to drag his picture to a spot high up on the screen but unlike the other children who had accepted my 'help' as I put my finger next to theirs to finish off the move he was determined to do it himself. I had to get a chair for him to stand on and then make sure he didn't fall off in the process.
I was out of school quite promptly and drove home while it was still light. 

2 comments:

Harriet said...

Lovely photos of the clouds and the light shining through them.

happyone said...

Interesting picture with the ice!!
Love the clouds.