Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 6 February 2015

Sunny.

We've had a lot of sun today but the wind has changed direction and is now coming from the east, the tundra? and it is bitterly cold. I split more logs this morning including a couple which I had previously put back as being too hard to split. I had too laugh, there was I doing my best to wield an axe while on the other side of the trees I could hear my neighbour sawing trees with his chainsaw. It may take me a while but I get there in the end. After that I just had time to spray weedkiller on the brambles I had spotted yesterday. I try not to use weedkiller but their roots go down under the rocks so I'll never be able to dig them right out.
I had an extra afternoon's work at school today. My reception class again but today once we had done phonics they had golden time (choosing) while I kept a general eye on things and the TA started getting activities ready for Monday. It was wear something red day  for charity and it was lovely to see the children looking like individuals for a change. I didn't have anything red in my extensive wardrobe so I borrowed a red polo top of Peter's. Perfect apart from the fact that it had an embroidered logo saying North Devon Beer Festival. Not appropriate for school so I covered it up with a large blue fabric and feather flower.
Finally an in-focus photo of the necklace I bought to go with the dress.

2 comments:

happyone said...

What a pretty necklace and it goes so well with your dress.
Very cold here too.

Harriet said...

Ruta, You have a good eye. Your necklace is lovely.