Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 4 February 2015

Sunny.

It was another chilly morning today. It started off overcast but then the sun came out and shone on the raised bed by the front door, exactly where I was working. Once again I was clearing leaves and twigs from the stones. There were too many twigs to use the hoover but it was quite pleasant kneeling in the sun on my comfy gel knee pads picking up each individual leaf and twig. I feel it is very calming to look at the tidy gravel and the smooth pebbles I have collected over the years. Sort of a Zen effect.
Driving home tonight I was bathed in golden sunshine. That was 1- because the sun was shining and 2- because I had forgotten that this week's staff meeting had been moved from Wednesday night to Tuesday night. I realised this when I got an email this morning asking me about if I could take a Year 2 class to the Dance Festival. I'm not sure about that because I would only have 1 day to teach and practise a dance to show in front of all the other schools who take their dance very seriously. Most of the children taking part are 3 or 4 years older and the standard is quite high. Also I'm already teaching the reception children that afternoon.  

That's my shadow (below) as I stood in the gateway. 
At home I was greeted by a very rotund Speedy. He's positively bulging, possibly a rabbit though with his funny tastes he could be eating the horses' feed next door.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Beautiful skies. Love the look of the long road. As usual a road like that makes me want to walk along it. : )