Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 7 February 2017

Showers.

After a night of very heavy rain the sun was out this morning. Then just as I was about to go to work a dark cloud appeared, thunder rumbled and down came the rain which fortunately didn't last too long. There were a few more showers during the afternoon but also some bright sunshine. 
At school I did handwriting with the reception children and had yet another observation, this time of my phonics lesson. I think it went okay though I won't get the feedback until tomorrow as the teacher observing had an appointment to go to. After school I went back to the post office section of W. H. Smith's (they closed the real Post Office down) with my parcel. I had carefully taken out one small item which weighed a little over 100 gms and the postage was a reasonable £2.85. As I was in the High Street I dropped into the small Co-Op and Tesco's and got more bargains; stuffed crust pepperoni pizzas, fresh pineapple, conference pears and carrots, all at 75% or more off. When I got home Peter had also been bargain hunting when he went to pick up our prescriptions and got some cooked barbecue spare ribs. My supper tonight will be a salsa type salad with the cauliflower and other fresh veg and some spare ribs followed by fresh pineapple.
Showery weather makes for pretty clouds.

No comments: