Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 24 February 2017

Sunny.

The gale blew itself out overnight and if it hadn't been for the chill in the air today could have been a spring day. Lots of sun until late afternoon made it very pleasant indeed. I was able to dig out yet another basketful of weeds from the bank which is looking barer each time I clear another small section. 
In the afternoon I went to my GP for a steroid injection into my arthritic knee. This she did under the watchful eye of one of the more senior doctors as she is still in training for these injections. As I have no fear of needles I was quite happy for her to do the injection. Apart from the tiniest scratch as the needle went in there was no pain at all just a 'heavy' feeling as the steroid & anaesthetic were pushed in. I was going to take a photo for the blog but thought that might put her off a bit. In choosing later in the afternoon I had made a big mistake because by the time I left the surgery it was end of school time. Not only that but many local manufacturing companies finish early on a Friday. It took me 20 minutes to cover the half mile from the Newport traffic lights to the turn-off for Lidl's.  I prefer to buy fruit and veg from Lidl's because their prices are better than Tesco's. It then took about half an hour to drive crawl along the main road for a mile to the point where the road splits and 99% of the traffic heads for the old bridge. It was clear sailing for the rest of the way with just a short stop at the road works by the hospital.
Speedy being silly in the sun.

No comments: