Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 18 February 2017

Sunny Morning and Afternoon.

After a foggy start we had a sunny morning followed by grey clouds but then the sun broke through once more. By the time the sun began to go down there was not a cloud to be seen in the sky.  As we have a viewing on Monday I didn't carry on pulling up weeds from the bank but did some 'here and there' tidying around the garden - edges tidied up and leaves picked off plants that sort of thing.
My indoor job was to have a clean up in the conservatory, wiping down everything and clearing out the old spiders' webs. While I was doing that I noticed that the leaves of my dwarf umbrella tree (dwarf only in respect to a jungle, it's now touching the conservatory roof) besides being dusty some had black marks. My guess is some sort of mould so I carefully washed the black off every leaf. There were a lot of leaves and each one is split into 10 leaflets. It looks much better now and hopefully I haven't spread the mould over the whole plant. I try not to use chemicals and I expect most of the chemicals recommended in my otherwise excellent Readers' Digest Book of Gardening are now prohibited. Then I snipped all the dead leaves from the trailing geraniums which gave away the fact that I don't always look after my plants properly. A number of the orchids which are mainly in the sitting room are starting to flower so they do get proper orchid food in their weekly watering.

No comments: