Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 4 December 2019

Chilly.

We had a very heavy frost this morning, not surprising after a clear night when I'd been able to see the brighter stars shining through the urban light pollution. The day itself has been bright and sunny and some of the washing I hung out on the line was nearly dry when I brought it in again.
After exchanging a few emails with the environmental health officer he asked if he could have the offending loaf which I'd been keeping in the freezer. Peter was going into town so he dropped the loaf off at the council office. I don't think it's ergot on the bread but any mould is not good. I'm interested to see what happens in this case. Even if Tesco's only improve their staff training to check for such things or if they allowed more time for stock to be checked it would be a good result. 
The sofa cover progresses, today I finally sorted out the darts on the second side and began sewing them. Work came to a halt when the plumber arrived to service our boiler. Saying 'plumber' doesn't really convey the relationship we have with this chap. Peter knows him and his wife quite well going back to the time when Peter worked as a plumber. Although it's a busy small company we've always had very prompt help with any plumbing problems and charges have been kept to a minimum. Today's conversation ranged far and wide as we have many friends in common and I taught his children in the local school. We are lucky in that the combi boiler here is a good make that has few problems and the computer check showed no fumes or imbalances with the whole system.
I had a phone call from the bank this evening. Normally this would be very suspect but this was asking me to complete a survey as I've recently been in to the local branch. No doubt the head office will be looking for reasons to cut back or close branches so I made sure my answers were all positive, which they would have been anyway, and I added a comment about how important it is to have a local branch.

No comments: