Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 31 December 2019

Grey.

It's been a dismal grey day so today I'm posting more photos from our canal side walk. 
Here Peter went out to collect his prescription and post a parcel for me. Although we always collected our 28 days of tablets etc. on the same day somehow Peter now gets a text to pick up his prescription almost 2 weeks before mine are ready. It's probably related to him having to collect stuff that had been missed off his list at varying times. We daren't try and get them to adjust the dates as no doubt something else would go wrong. Today he had to wait for ages while 2 members of staff tried to run 3 pharmacy tills and one ordinary one. On the other hand there were no queues at all at the Post Office self service machines. I stayed home and had a cleaning day finishing off with some knitting. That's after a game of scrabble in the morning. Playing board games with Vytas and Sally (Pictionary, Snitch and GOT Monopoly) had me hankering after Scrabble which is my favourite. I take it far too seriously for Peter's enjoyment and he prefers not to play against me. I used to have a disc to play it on my pc but that stopped running when Windows updated. You can still buy new copies of the disc but it runs on Windows '95 & '98. Then Peter realised that there were Scrabble games apps on his Amazon tablet so the tablet is now in my hands. That's fine as he prefers to read books on his smaller i-pad and I can happily pit my wits against the computer. I've haven't resorted to getting out my Scrabble dictionary yet but that might be my next move.
 A lock.
 I can't resist reflections.


 A very arty shot.
I've been leaning out of my open window in a failed attempt to spot a line of lights in the sky, not UFO's but part of the Starlink satellite constellation that is currently being constructed. Unfortunately it was too overcast but I did hear a lot of owl hoots from the woods. 
As far as I can make out there aren't any New Year's fireworks in town tonight but no doubt I'll see the ones over in Bideford, about 10 miles away as the crow flies.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Happy New Year to you and Peter!!
Much happiness and good health in the new year.