Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 6 December 2019

Wet.

A very wet and windy day today, much warmer too.
The rain didn't interfere with my plans to carry on sewing the sofa cover. Today I worked in my study as it's more comfortable to sit at my desk. The drawback being the lack of room on my desk even when I push the keyboard back out of the way. Work was further hampered by Speedy sitting on the little space there was and trying to sit on my lap on top of the sofa cover. That was after I'd stopped him from flicking all the loose items; thread, scissors etc from the shelf above. He's so bored poor cat. Each time I think we're nearly there with his feet he sneaks in a quick chew when his collar is off for eating or evening relaxing.
Listening to the radio as I sewed I was more or less gasping in disbelief at an article about handbags (US - purse). Apparently they are really important as other people can tell so much about us by the latest designer bag we're sporting and of course they can be a good investment. I think they were talking about bags costing thousands of pounds or dollars. What a load of pretentious rubbish to justify spending so much money. I'm sure people could find handbags to suit the outfit or occasion at a fraction of the cost. For me a handbag is a practical item, it needs to have a strap long enough to sling across my shoulders and should be large enough to carry my camera, purse and a few other essentials. That covers my two everyday handbags with a small black bag for more formal occasions. When walking into town I carry a backpack to bring home my shopping so generally put those essential items in my jacket pockets. That was fine until, after almost melting while waiting in Smiths for the Post Office I decided to roll up my jacket and stuff it into the backpack. Before that could happen I spent ages searching the depths of the pockets for a paper I needed in the bank then later searching again for the scrap of fabric to match against grey throws and finally for my headband. Perhaps a handbag would have been useful after all. Peter went into town today to collect his prescription. He'd had a text saying it was ready which surprised us as it's a week early. I thought maybe they were being organised early so people don't get caught out over Christmas. When he got to Boots his prescription was there but ...... not mine. I don't think we'll have this problem with the local pharmacy when we're in Borth. The population is much smaller and the pharmacy is only a few doors away from the Health Centre.

1 comment:

happyone said...

I agree with you about the handbags. Ridiculous spending so much money for the things.
Growing up we always called them pocket books and I still do. Handbags seem a more appropriate name!