Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 1 December 2019

Sunny.

On this first day of the winter the roses looked sad against the blue sky. It's been sunny for most of the day but also quite cold.
Today I made a start on fitting the sofa cover. Before I could do anything I had to hoover up the dust and ginger cat hairs revealed once the sofa cushions were removed. The first step in the fitting process was to see which of the 3 or 4 seater covers would be the best fit for the frame cover. It turned out to be the 3 seater which is more than ample. The next step was to sew elastic straps to anchor the frame to the wooden feet. For easier access I tipped the sofa on to its back and got a nasty surprise. That white 'fluff' wasn't dust but more of the woolly aphids that I had found on the orchids. I used insecticide to wipe off the aphids, gave the sofa a spray and closed the room up. I would of had no chance of getting rid of the aphids if I hadn't discovered their hideaway.

The latest set of photos from Borth show the new windows. Not the bay window yet but most of the rest have been done. When I saw the kitchen window (above) I was quite upset by the lack of a level line across the top of the glass, not so much by the same across the bottom. Today looking around the house I see that the kitchen window here is exactly the same and this unevenness occurs where ever an opening section of a window is next to a fixed section. If money was unlimited I'd have them changed but I think it looks more noticable in the photo due to the contrast with the dark walls. 
Swinging round from the first photo is the view from the dining area. Not bad! This is why I'm not bothering having a breakfast bar across the kitchen area, no one is going to sit with their back to the sea. 
My study/ guest room will be lovely and light especially now that the smaller window has been extended downwards to match the street window. There'll have to be a blind to obscure the view in from the street on the big window but the south facing smaller window looks across our drive into our neighbours' front garden. Having not seen anything else to inspire me I think we'll be having horizontal venetian blinds in all the windows facing out onto the street.


1 comment:

happyone said...

I see what you mean about the window line not being level, but the windows are nice and big to let in lots of light!! I like them.

We don't call it winter over here till Dec 22.