Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 3 December 2019

Sunny.

Sunny and cold today with I think, a frost in the morning. (I didn't make an early start this morning.) Peter made a big cheese, potato, onion, cabbage and meat casserole. Perfect for winter weather though for me there was too much meat; bacon and Polish sausage. My mother was originally shown this recipe by a vegetarian friend and we only ever added a very small amount of meat.
Once my daily routine was done it was back to the sofa cover. Today it was all hand sewing. Seven long double stitched darts. This would have been a lot quicker with the machine but the new pedal didn't work and I haven't found a replacement specifically for that model yet. While I sewed in the sitting room listening to the radio a pair of sparrows and a robin were busy at the bird feeders. 
It's a clear dark night outside with the crescent moon shining brightly above. Three houses opposite have put out their Christmas lights which look nice and cheery. The house which has small children has blinking multi-coloured lights festooned over a small palm tree. Opposite us are some tasteful blue lights in a garland under the front window and a couple of doors down are multi-coloured lights hanging from the new canopy style porch roof. All I have to offer is a sunny dandelion in the lawn.
A pretty sunset again tonight but not as spectacular as yesterday's. I love the way the lowest clouds are edged with gold. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

I like your sunny dandelion!! : )