Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 19 December 2019

Wet.

We have had heavy rain for most of the day. Generally grey and gloomy.
This morning I went up into the loft. Firstly to find some clothes, a particular fleece that Peter wanted and this cardigan. I knitted it at least 30 years ago in the days before fluffy fleece fabric. I'd seen it on display in the window of a knitting shop and fell in love with it straight away. This was in the days when you purchased a pattern and then had the wool 'put away' so that as you needed more balls they would be from the same dye batch. Being mohair the wool was quite expensive so I bought a few balls at a time.The body was knitted in one piece and the sleeves each had to be started from a new ball of wool so that the random colours matched.
Jobs done I carried on with knitting and I'm pleased to announce that mitten number four has finally made the grade. Today I knitted at my desk as I couldn't take any more tv and Classic FM which I listen to through the tv has taken to playing Christmas carols, a bit too early for my taste. Sitting at my desk I could listen to any radio programme from the last few weeks. Generally I stick with Radio 4 or Radio 4 extra. My usual routine, oh how I love routine, was turned topsy turvey today as I had an appointment for my flu jab at 5.00. The nurse was ultra quick and I was out in about a minute. That's me safe from the flu, hopefully. Peter still maintains that he doesn't need a jab as he had flu once years ago. However I think he might be weakening as he mumbled something about getting a jab for himself. On my way home I stopped at Lidl's and Tesco's for a few things. They were both almost empty though the road traffic was quite heavy. It was strange to be out in the dark as I'm turning into a house mouse. It was different when I went to Pilates and choir but the on/off move kept me from joining up after the summer. The Pilates has changed venue to the college on the other side of town so I might have gone to a closer class at one of the gyms. Plenty of time to sort that out once we're in Wales.

No comments: