Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 28 December 2019

Home Again.

We've returned from visiting Vytas and Sally in Basingstoke. It was a lovely visit but right now we're feeling pretty tired. The delays on the drive home drive home extended the journey time from 3 hours to nearly 4. It was the usual bottleneck on the A 303 caused by people slowing down as they passed Stonehenge and the generally heavy amount of traffic on the roads.
I was pleased to hear that they had celebrated the traditional Lithuanian Christmas Eve meal (12 dishes with no meat and nor dairy) with their closest friends. The wife is Lithuanian and she had brought some traditional 'mushroom' cookies from her recent trip to Lithuania to show her parents their new grandchild.
Feeling too tired to blog more but have plenty of photos to share in future posts.  
The photo is but a pale record of tonight's vivid sunset. (I wonder if the phone camera might show the colours better? I'm getting to grips with the phone camera which was all I took to Basingstoke.)

1 comment:

happyone said...

Neat looking cookies.
My phone is the only camera I have now!
Glad you made it back home safely.