Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 10 December 2019

Low Clouds.

Today has been very wet. At first not so much lashing rain but the misty wetness you get from being almost in a cloud. I ended up going out shopping myself this morning and even the low hill tops around here were hidden in the low clouds. The wind brought heavy rain later in the day. In the afternoon the wind began gusting, the met office said up to 72 mph. I generally open the bedroom window during the day to air the room but with the wind blowing so hard I thought I'd better go up and shut it. I could hardly believe it when the wind was so strong that I had to use all my strength to force the bedroom door open. Never had that happen before.
(These are yesterday's photos as I didn't take any today and couldn't find any dramatic weather photos on-line.)
Unlike Peter's shopping experience yesterday the supermarkets and car parks if anything were less crowded than usual. I would have got through Lidl's in record time if I hadn't realised just as I was putting my shopping in the car, that I'd failed to pay for a bag of cat litter. Being a heavy item the barcode number is written out near the top of the bag so the checkout person can type in the numbers without the bag having to go on the conveyor belt. At the crucial moment I was momentarily distracted by the person behind me speaking to me and I simply pushed my trolley on through. Having discovered my mistake I then had to go back and queue up again to pay for the cat litter. 
In Tesco's, just like Peter yesterday I found only empty space where Tesco's cat food should have been. Poor Speedy this morning had to make do with the biscuits I found at the bottom of the big tub I keep his food in. (An old swing bin.) They must have been very stale as Speedy walked away from them not once but twice before eventually eating them. This is the cat that would eat a worm tablet without thinking. I felt so bad I even got some cheese out of the freezer and gave him a bit of that when it had defrosted. (This was the greatly reduced cheddar bought when the Co-Op was closing.) Back to today, the Tesco's cat biscuits work out at £1 per kilo while the branded ones were £4 and £3.50 per kilo. In the end I got a smaller box on special offer at £2.40 per kilo.
At home my afternoon was spent stitching the sofa cover. As this was one of those days when I'd woken at 5.30 and was doing my exercises by 6.30 I ran out of energy to do much else later on.

No comments: