Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 17 December 2019

Cold.

A much brighter though colder day today.
It's been four weeks since I returned the 7-day heart monitor and having heard nothing I arranged a phone appointment with one of the doctors at my surgery. My usual GP wasn't available but the doctor I spoke to had full access to my records. It wasn't a fruitful chat as nothing had come through to the surgery from the cardiology department. The doctor said he'd write to the hospital to see where the report was. In the meantime I rang the hospital and spoke to the consultant's secretary. She began by saying that I would have to wait for the consultant to look at my case but suddenly stopped when I pointed out that it had been four weeks. After asking for my hospital number surprise, surprise the letter was there on her desk about to be posted. I translated that as 'Whoops! I forgot to post off those letters.' I should get my copy by the end of the week and I've made an appointment to see my GP after Christmas.
I spent a happy afternoon knitting and completed the next mitten. However .......... it's still too big. I've one last set of smaller double ended pins to try or I could make the smaller size. It's a good thing I've got plenty of time for knitting.
PS. I discovered this morning that trying to make a phone call on the Sky controller doesn't work. In my defence they are quite similar.


No comments: