Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 9 December 2019

Sunny.

A bright and breezy day made it worthwhile hanging out some washing on the line.

I planned to bake Christmas biscuits this week so when Peter said he was off to the supermarkets I asked him to buy the supplies I needed. If I had done as I intended last night, I would have consulted the recipes and checked the cupboards before deciding what I needed. Instead I waited till later to stock take by which time even though I phoned Peter he was already almost home. Poor organisation on my part. I had sufficient ingredients to make the first batch of biscuits- peanut butter and chocolate but now I need more eggs, butter and Golden Syrup plus some marzipan and royal icing for the Christmas cakes. 

I also got some work in on the sofa cover. I tackled the very fiddly job of pinning on the strips of fabric to make channels for the elastic that holds the fabric over the arm cushions. I eventually got the first one tacked on and then gave up exhausted. 

I'm not sure what's happening with Blogger but every attempt to load my photos on to the page has failed. I'll try publishing and then going back to edit. maybe that'll work. No luck so far.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Blogger can be a bit frustrating at times.