Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 9 November 2022

Brighter.

A bit brighter today. There were a couple of brief showers as I worked at the zoo so short that I barely had time to put my hood up and think about heading for some shelter before they stopped. There was one bright rainbow arcing dramatically over the zoo but my camera was in the car. Now that it's dark heavy rain is thundering down on my study roof.
I drove to the zoo as I didn't want to chance riding my bike. I spent my time there weeding the woodchip in the big play area. I did about half of the weed ridden woodchip in 4 hours. (I've decided that my usual 5 hours is too much for my back.) Hopefully I'll get the other half done next week.
No visitors at the zoo but there were a number of youngsters from a local school, on some sort of work experience, around so I was left alone with my thoughts. Recently I had responded to someone on FB who had made some very negative comments about the zoo. Normally I stay away from confronting people on FB but her claim that the animals were starving annoyed me. So I asked her if that was the case why hadn't she been in touch with the RSPCA? To that I got more negativity including the comment that it was an awful place with only 7 animals. I'm definitely not going to continue the dialogue but today I amused myself by thinking of suitable responses if I was that way inclined. I mean if she only saw 7 of the 8 rotund pygmy goats how did she fail to see; the wolf-dogs, silver foxes, woolly pigs, ferret, rabbits, guinea pigs, chinchillas, rats, tortoises, mountain goats and domestic goats not to mention peacocks, guinea fowl, turkeys, ducks, hens and canaries? 0 out of 10 for observational skills or 10/10 for untruths? 
Back home thoughts of going out to do some work in the garden faded after a break with my feet up watching the surfers. No choir tonight as our teacher tested positive for covid. 
 

No comments: