Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 29 November 2022

Dry.

It was nice and bright this morning so I decided to go to the zoo today. It got cloudier during the day but remained dry which was good enough.
I didn't feel like riding my bike today so drove down but I shall walk down to the hall for Pilates tonight. At the zoo it was really quiet which made for a very peaceful weeding session. I finished off the large woodchip area or at least I thought I had until I spotted the wooden board that originally edged the back of the woodchip. It's a couple of feet from the current boundary and while I could just leave it I think it will look a lot neater if I clear the woodchip right up to the board. I did a little already but there'll be one more week on the woodchip before I move to one of the gravel areas. The zoo is gearing up for Christmas with the wall of 'Santa's grotto' being painted with polar bears and other Arctic animals. No doubt there will be more children coming down to the play areas  soon.
After a day of weeding there wasn't much time between arriving home and getting ready to go out to Pilates. I gave the metal shelf brackets another coat of white Hammerite before doing some Duo Lingo. 
Later - while I still miss the fast paced aerobic workout my old Pilates class gave me now that I'm more familiar with the exercises I feel that this class is also doing me good. Apart from some of the work on our sides which is just too painful for my hips and I have to be careful of my lower back.

 

No comments: