Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 22 November 2022

Sunny.

Cold but sunny this morning. More cloud arrived in the afternoon but on the whole a very nice day.
I cycled down to the zoo straight after breakfast. Every bit of exercise however short must do me some good.
This is my third week of weeding the large woodchip area. I had hoped to finish today but after three and a half hours a cloudbank  made the temperature drop noticably and I decided my back had had enough. Especially as I've still got pilates tonight. I'll definitely be finished next week as there's just the section by the stairs to do and some tidying up of the edges. It was very quiet today, no visitors and the school children (teenagers) who were there to do some practical work as part their curriculum were leaving as I arrived.
By the time I got home Peter had gone out for his Mens' Shed meeting. Before changing out of my workclothes I went and painted the shelf wood in the garage after which I flopped down for a sandwich and a break. The antibiotics I collected yesterday are from a different manufacturer and it was interesting to compare the informaton leaflets. While they were similar there were a couple of differences. The antibiotic is very reactive (can cause ulcers in the mouth or stomach and can affect the digestive system in other ways too). Both leaflets say that you must take each tablet with at least half a glass of water/fluid but the first leaflet says that you can take it with or immediately after a meal while the second says that you should take it with or immediately after. That's not the same thing at all.

The last job of the day was to wipe down the bedroom windowsills with a mould killer as the damp from the shower is encouraging mildew. The dehumidifier has stopped working in that the light comes on but the nothing else happens. Fortunately I do keep the handbooks for our various gadgets. Looking at the trouble shooting section the first three possible faults can only be fixed by repair or replace. Then it mentioned cleaning the filter. It does say that the filter should be cleaned every two weeks, oops haven't been doing that and for quite a while the dehumdifier was running up in the loft plus having bare floorboards in our bedroom makes the room quite dusty. I'll tackle the filter tomorrow and hope to get the dehumidifier up and running again.
I drove down to the community hall for pilates even though it's only a short walk away as it had started raining as well as being cold and dark. The class was enjoyable and I'm learning which exercises to avoid or adapt so that I don't hurt my lower back which is my main problem area.

1 comment:

happyone said...

What a great shot of the turkey!!!