Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 15 November 2022

Grey.

It rained very heavily first thing this morning which put paid to my plans to go to the zoo. Currently between us our commitments cover five days a week leaving only two days if we wanted to go for a full day out. That's not even taking in account the weather or Peter's dodgy knees and ankles. If I move my zoo day that would at least free up another day. Perversley the rain cleared up later but although he offered to walk to the Hub for his Men's Shed meeting I didn't want Peter to set his knee back again so I insisted he took the car. I have to say I didn't fancy my chances cycling down to the zoo so tomorrow it'll have to be.
I've spent the day sorting Christmas cards. The cards for overseas which were already stamped went in the post box across the road. In theory they should only take five days but who knows? So far I've chosen and written all the other cards and checked that I'm not sending the same cards as last year. (I tend to buy packs of cards in the January sales.) While Peter was out running the Men's Shed meeting I used his PC to write up this year's Christmas letter for the cards going to distant friends. Some go to friends I haven't seen for over twenty years but it's always good to exchange news of our families.
I've just returned from Pilates. We did a lot of work on our posture to help us avoid problems later on in our lives. For fun I've also signed up for the disco aerobics on Thursday evenings as I could do with an energetic activity. It's with the same teacher but it's just to get us moving and have some fun at the same time.

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Oh yea it is time once again to think about those Christmas cards. Seems like we just did that!!!