Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 4 November 2022

Dry.

A nice blue start to the day which got cloudier as the day went on but no rain.
I've spent the day getting ready for Vytas and Sally's visit. (No blog tomorrow.) I haven't really got a routine for getting the room ready so it's taken a lot longer than I thought it would. The trundle beds are relatively simple to put up but even so there's a lot of moving other stuff around especially as I still have extra items in here. And I hadn't factored in ironing the sheet and duvet cover. They had been put away washed and ironed but not only had over a year of storage left them very creased but I was worried that they might be a bit damp. That's been done, the room is ready and everywhere else is clean and tidy. Peter has a chilli, made with rib eye steaks he got massively reduced at Morrison's (the butcher said people can't afford to buy steak these days) simmering away in the slow cooker. That's for tomorrow's dinner and I'm about to make a pot of hearty soup with Polish sausage, white cabbage and other veg for lunch. I planned the meals so that we can spend our time in the youngsters' company rather than being busy cooking as we only see them once or twice a year.

Here are a couple of recent photos of Mt. Snowdon that were posted on FB by the Snowdonia Flight School. It's a popular destination for climbers and walkers so that sometimes there is almost a queue of people along the footpath. There is also a train to the top though it doesn't run in the winter. Cost this year was £35 return, gulp.

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Have a wonderful visit!!!