Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 30 November 2022

Cold.

Crisp and cold today.
It was a lovely clear morning with the only clouds nestled between the first two sets of hills. The high clouds rolled in later in the morning blocking out the brightness of the sun but there was enough wind to make it worth hanging out some washing on the line to get part dry before I hung it up in the utility room.
Peter went off to spend the day with a friend something I don't begrudge at all (not my story to tell) but it made me sad to think that there are so many other things he agreed we'd do which simply haven't happened. From my birthday day in Snowdonia to a quick drive up into the nearest hills to collect rocks for the garden. It's so stressful trying to arrange for these 'outings' to happen I give up in the end. 
I'd noticed, on my daily wipe of the condensation that forms at the bottom of all of the windows that the window sill by the table needed a good sort out so that became the first job of the day. I had a look at some videos and found out that the succulents I kept there were stretching due to insufficient sun. I thought that was the sunniest window but it is north facing so once I've cut back and repotted the leggy succulents they need to go somewhere else. That will probably be my study which has a south and a west facing window. That's a shame as I picked blue-green succulents to match the kitchen colour scheme while my study has more vibrant blue and yellow accents. I just happened to glance out at the fairly flat sea when I spotted dolphins. Not one or two but a pod of five that were fishing some distance from the cliff. Looking through binoculars I could see several leaping almost completely out of the water. I watched until they swam out of sight and that made my day.
Indoor jobs done I decided to get the outdoor driftwood tree up. After all it's almost December and there are trees and lights beginning to appear all through the village. Using an old concrete planter as the base it didn't take too long to assemble the tree and hang the shells. Two lines should keep it upright. Hopefully it will make people smile.
It was too cold to stay out longer so I was a good student and typed up and sent in my Welsh homework. It was choir tonight and we got through five of the twelve Christmas carols we will be singing in public. It was hard to learn the tenor parts while singing extra verses that I wasn't so sure of and then singing Welsh verses too. We're singing with another choir for two evenings by Tesco's to collect for charity and then three more performances in old folks' homes. Better keep practising.
 

No comments: