Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 3 November 2022

Sunshine.

After days of grey skies and rain it was lovely to wake this morning to clear blue skies. It was so nice I was able to wash some towels and get them dried on the line before the rain returned in the afternoon.
And then came a rainbow which looked a lot brighter than in the photo.
The antibiotics are doing their job and I felt a lot better after 8 hours sleep. A good thing too as I had planned a shopping trip to town. Both supermarkets but not the dump as Peter said he would take the nearly full garden bag  the next time he goes in. The shops are full of Christmas items and once again I simply couldn't help gazing at all the shiny trinkets mentally choosing stuff to buy though sensibly I resisted. Those marketing people really know how to tempt us.
It was as I came out of Lidl that the rain began to fall so I quickly phoned Peter asking him to bring my washing in as he always has the curtains drawn in his study and wouldn't have any idea what the weather was like.
When I got home Peter gave me a hand with putting away the shopping, (why is that job so tiring?) and then I baked an apple cake. I decorated the top with slices of apple sprinkled with brown sugar which has got a bit dark in places but I'm going to whip up some cream to go with it. The marble cake came out of the freezer and I made a chocolate ganache to pour over it and then threw sprinkles on top. I'm not planning to make any deserts this weekend but we have these two cakes and a bara brith.
Is it just my age that I find it disturbing to see bra tops for 5 and 6 years olds on sale in the supermarket? Why do such young children need to be dressed as adults? To me it's verging on sexualising them. Give them a vest or t-shirt if they need one for warmth or don't bother. 
 

2 comments:

happyone said...

Seems after a rainy day the sky seems extra pretty and the air so nice and fresh.

lea said...

I agree, the bras are wrong for 5-6 year olds, like the child beauty pageants.
I'm glad that you are feeling better, UTI's are no joke, my older sister ended up in the hospital because of one.
Have a lovely visit with your Vytas and Sally, those cakes look good.