Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 20 November 2022

Wet.

There was a fair bit of blue in the sky first thing (I was up by 5.30) but then the clouds rolled in. Later the world turned grey and down came the rain. Along with a spectacular flash of lightening and an extended rumble of thunder directly overhead. Followed by yet more torrential rain. The lifeboat crew were out training during the thunderstorm and we could see the lifeboat boucing wildly over the waves.
Today's walk had been called off yesterday. I guess somebody had been looking at the weather forecast so there was no rush to sort out directions to a meeting point. 
Peter reasoned that the dreaful weather would put people off going to the dump so that's where he went with a big bag of garden waste and then onwards to the supermarket. In between he stopped and bought me a tin of knotting. We'll also need it when we build the bookshelves by the front door so it won't go to waste. It came with a built in brush and I've already dabbed over the many knots in the wood for the shelf above my PC.
While Peter was out I baked a bara brith, Peter's favourite cake. I must remember to change the amount of brown sugar in the recipe because I find it's too sweet which I forget until I have a first slice, with butter of course.
Apart from turning on the tap at the bottom of the water butt to empty out the water into the front garden instead of all the rainwater from the roof gutters at the front of the house going down the drainpipe to a soakaway at the base of the house wall, I stayed indoors. I wrote up my diary notes and began to collate them for this autumn's entry in my Hobbit Journal and did some admin and Duo Lingo. 
 

No comments: