Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 13 November 2022

Warm.

It's been incredibly warm today with a good drying wind. Perfect for the next lot of washing to go out on the line.
Speedy came home this morning with yet another scratch, right across his face this time. 
Apart from enjoying the lovely weather my morning didn't go too well when I realised that the symptoms of my UTI had returned. It would have to be on a Sunday with most services closed. And so followed a morning of making or waiting for phone calls. First to see if either of the pharmacies open in town had a prescribing pharmacist on duty, they didn't and then to 111 (non-urgent medical care) to speak to first the call handler, then a nurse and finally the duty out of hours doctor. That resulted in driving to the hospital where I was back out in under 10 minutes having seen the doctor and been issued with a prescription for a single dose antibiotic. I sat outside in the sun and played scrabble on my kindle until Peter arrived back from Morrisons and we went down into town. There we had to navigate the one-way system so I could collect my medicine, it was the last one in the pharmacy and home we went.
I told Peter I wanted to photograph the autumn leaves on the way home but he drives so quickly that I ended up with a lot of blurry shots. That's a shame because the colours were quite pretty.
Later I ironed the sheets which had been out on the line. I've got good at ironing while staring through the window hoping to catch a glimpse of the dolphins but no luck there. I would have had to concentrate more if it had been shirts I was ironing. I shudder when I think back to the days when I had four shirts to iron every day for Peter and the boys but I love having crisply ironed sheets.
My day didn't get better later as I spent a long time trying to put some of my LOTR posters on eBay. Firstly I had two lots of log-in and verification to get back onto the selling page. That was made harder by texts taking a long time to get through and having to take my phone to the kitchen as there's virtually no signal in my study. That done I tried to work out a suitable postage and was shocked to find that it costs over £5 to send something in a cardboard tube. Oh well I thought, I'll offer a bunch of posters together. Spent ages putting up the photos and all the details only to find eBay no longer lets sellers use Pay Pal. You have to go to another site to allow access to your bank account. You have to set up an account with that site, log -in etc but by that time I'd had enough and simply gave up. Not sure what I'll do with the posters now. Charity shop maybe?

 Hopefully a relaxing evening of watching Strictly will soothe away today's stress.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Poor Speedy. Hope his scratch heals quickly.