Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 25 November 2022

Sunny.

It made a lovely change to see bright blue skies this morning. I spent the middle of the day in town and although I saw a lot of wet pavements I didn't get rained on once. A good thing too as I hadn't bothered with a jacket.
I went into Aber for my long awaited eye check. I'm never bothered about my vision, and while I need glasses for old-age short sight I just buy the cheapest over the counter glasses. £1 or £2 a pair so I can keep glasses in all the places I might need them. The optician today said my sight was still very good and that the laser surgery which I had so many years ago was done very well. What I was more concerned about was my general eye health as one eye is still a bit sore and puffy following a tooth infection 18 months ago. It turns out that my eye health is also fine, just more blood vessels showing due to pain meds. The issues with my left eye are due to inflammation from the tooth problem and will go eventually. In the meantime the optician suggested keeping a warm flannel on my eye for 10 minutes twice a day for two weeks to help reduce the inflammation. I'm just glad that there is nothing going wrong with my eyes.
I had a wander around the shops and brought myself another top for pilates in my usual black. I've gone down a size because most of my clothes are too loose. A bonus after a year of dieting. I went into Lidl to stock up on ingredients for my Christmas gifts as I try not to go into town too often. Butter is now £2 a block which i find shocking. It wasn't so long ago own brand butter was around £1 but I only use butter for my baking. Let's face it, you don't see luxury biscuits advertising 'made with oils and random chemicals' on the packaging, it's all about the butter. While I was in Lidl I had to return a kettle I'd bought last week. It's a lovely duck egg blue kettle which went well with the kitchen but the handle was over the top rather than at the side. This put more strain on my wrist when it came to pouring and would have been no good for Peter either so back it went. As I walked to the car with the shopping I looked up to see a rainbow but by the time I'd returned the trolley the rainbow had gone.
Back home there were a lot more clouds and plenty of puddles on the ground. A lone kite surfer was out on the water and the last remnants of the sun were glinting on the wet sand. 
 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Nice to hear the good news about your eyes. I do the same with the cheap reading glasses all over the house! :)
Congratulations on going down a size!!