Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 1 November 2022

Grey.

Some rain today but the gloomy skies look as if we're heading for more serious downpours. In the meantime the sea has been going through an amazing range of colours.
First thing this morning I was off to the pharmacy. I'm suffering from the early signs of cystitis (I had it 10 years ago but you don't forget the symptoms) and wanted to get some of those not very nice tasting sachets to deal with it straight away. I also stopped at the shop and bought some cranberry juice and diet lemonade. I never seem to feel thirsty and generally have to make a conscious effort to drink more. Today I've been downing juice and lemonade by the pint and for that reason decided not to go to Pilates tonight.
Of course I couldn't go to the pharmacy without a beach walk. The beach was almost empty apart from a chap with a metal detector and a spade. Good luck with that. The beach is mostly large shingle even where it looks sandy on the surface. I once spoke to a detectorist on the beach and he said he never found anything of value here.
I'd planned to take my usual route and drop into the pharmacy on the way back but just as I drew level with the pharmacy it began to rain so I headed off the beach through one of the little alleyways that run between the houses to the High Street. It's one of the bonuses of living here that we have a pharmacy within walking distance.
Later in the day we had a delivery of the white guttering but I didn't feel like making a start on fitting it. Instead I did extra cleaning around the house as Vytas and Sally are coming down for the weekend. Then I went on to wiping the orchids with bug spray to get rid of the few woolly aphids. Now that the sun is lower in sky the orchids can be moved from the top of the fridge back to the windowsill. That should stop me from overwatering which I find I've been doing recently.
Nothing else of interest today.

 

No comments: