Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 14 November 2022

Wet.

As we sat down to breakfast we could see a great cloudbank underneath the high clouds rolling in from the west and before long the view was masked by the steady rain. That rain/low cloud remained all day. Not a day for hanging out washing.
Today we met up with our friends in the library in Mach to mangle the Welsh language as we worked through last week's zoom class and then translated another 'Welsh for learners' short story. Much laughter as we tried to remember when to mutate. I think it's going to be a very long time before we get the hang of it but Welsh speaking friends tell us that we'll be understood even if we forget when to change those initial letters. Harder for us is getting the overall pronunciation correct especially when we're more used to see a word written down and mentally using English phonics rather than hearing the correct pronunciation. I'm sure more often than not we sound like the characters in 'allo, 'allo ('scuse the canned laughter). But we are trying, very trying probably. 
Afterwards the steady rain/wet/drizzle didn't stop me from having a quick stroll to look in the antique shop windows and check out the charity shops. I found a fun Usborne Welsh for Learners book in one of the children's sections but that was all.
I would have a hard time deciding between any of these boots but there's no point in even trying them on as my toes are just too wide for normal footwear.
Back home I baked a batch of peanut butter and chocolate cookies for Peter. I forgot to turn the oven down to the correct temperature when I put them in so they're a bit crunchy on the outside and soft in the middle. Peter says they are always delicious but I'll try to be more careful next time. Nearly time to start planning the Christmas biscuits.
I've been comparing the camera in the phone (above) against my main camera (below) and I have to say that the bigger camera is a lot more versatile even on the auto setting.

 

No comments: