Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 16 November 2022

Sunny.

The day began with bright blue skies and enough of a breeze to tempt me into putting some washing in the machine. I hung it out straight after breakfast but the breeze wasn't enough to get it all fully dry so it's now hanging on the airer in the utility room.
It was a perfect day fer riding my bike down to the zoo. My wobbly legs on the homeward journey were a sure sign that I need to do more exercise.
At the zoo I still had half the woodchip in the larger play area to weed so I chose a patch that was in the sun. First I had to move a couple of tyres that should have been on the grass for the kids to jump over. Who knew that a good quantity of water collects in a tyre after rain and that if you drop said tyre on the ground the water splashes up and hits you in the face? I do, now. It took me two hours to weed a small strip of the woodchip because of all the small weeds growing there. I say small but that only refers to the 1cm or smaller leaves. Underneath once I'd yanked them up would be a good handful of roots. While we may get some frost here our winters aren't cold enough to kill off the weeds so I try to remove as many roots as I can. We gradually lost the sun and after three hours I decided I'd had enough even though I hadn't cleared the whole area. One more week and it should be done. 
Back home I fetched in the washing, had a shower (I tend to shake dirt all everywhere when I'm weeding the woodchip), ironed the pillowcases that had been washed and finally got to sit down for a while. I've done some Duo Lingo, blogged and there's just enough time to do a voice warm up before heading out to choir. 

 

No comments: