Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 12 November 2022

Sunny.

This morning the sky was a beautiful blue and it has remained warm all day. A good day to wash the salt from the windows at the front of the house.
Unfortunately there was virtually no breeze so it wasn't a good drying day but as the rain had stopped me from hanging out any washing all week I gave it a go. Just a few sheets which needed quite a lot of ironing but that's the pile gone down a bit.
After breakfast I planned to go to the shop to see if they had any croissants as we hadn't been to town this week and there were none for breakfast tomorrow. The shop had some, not the nice bakery ones but they'll do.
Before I went I thought I'd set up my small camera, a Nikon Coolpix 2100, which I hadn't used for years but might be better than the phone while not as heavy as my everyday camera. Put new batteries in and oh dear, it wouldn't turn on. We both looked at it, I gave the battery contact a scrape with my fingernail and the camera worked. I took it with me on my walk to the shop via the beach and I'm not sure yet about the quality of the pictures especially on zoom. However when I uploaded the photos to my PC I had a surprise when I looked at the above photo. Even though it gets pixilated when I enlarge the picture I'm pretty sure that's a dolphin leaping out of the water. And I was just thinking I hadn't seen the dolphins for a while.

The waves were coming in clean and large, perfect for surfing and there were even a few swimmers without wetsuits.
Back home I tackled another garden job from my list which was to get the water running through the hose attached to the water butt. I took off the hose thinking there might be sludge stuck in the tap but a bit of jiggling of the tap got the water flowing. 
The next big task, also on my list was to photograph and measure all my LOTR posters so that I can chose some to put up here, some to put on eBay and the rest to go to the charity shop. No point in hanging on to everything. 
I finished the afternoon with an ironing session. I set the ironing board up in the sitting room so I get a good view of whatever's happening out on the water. Just the Duo Lingo to do and that's me done for the day.
 



No comments: