Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 4 April 2020

Garden Mystery.

A bright and sunny day today and with the winds changing direction it has been hot especially out of the wind. Right now, squinting hard I can just about make out a few wisps of cloud in the bright blue sky.
Looking out at the back garden this morning I could see compost scattered across the decking. 
A close inspection revealed a thoroughly dug up plant pot with compost flung far and wide. I'm guessing a bird maybe a blackbird, dug through the compost for insects or woodlice. It hasn't rained for a long time so I'm starting to water the plants in pots.  
It's been a good day for washing which dried quickly, has been ironed and is back on the bed. Once all the household jobs had been done I decided to do some more weeding in the front garden. While working I listened to the sounds of children and adults chattering in their gardens or on the grass. One of the dads mowed half of the communal grass and Peter is planning to do the rest maybe tomorrow. The dad then set up a kiddies football goal and kept his children busy shooting goals and playing generally. I can still hear the mums chatting from their gardens. 
It sounds like we will soon be encouraged/told to wear face masks when outside. More to provide protection for others from any germs we breathe out than to protect ourselves. I've already looked up patterns to make fabric face masks and had planned to start today but it was too nice to stay inside. There seems to be a consensus that surgical face masks should be reserved for medical personnel and the general public should wear fabric masks which can be washed and reused. I've heard today that despite instructions to stay home some people are still trying to visit the area often with caravans and campers. The police are stopping them and sending them back home thank goodness. 

No comments: