Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 27 April 2020

Overcast.

It's been a very grey day heralding a change in the weather. The temperature hasn't dropped much yet and at times the air felt humid and clamy.
I had a reasonably early start and I was able to do my first set of exercises before we had our morning cup of tea. Later I got on with sorting out the pocket for my trousers. Who knew that pockets were so complicated? Once I unpicked the seams that were not completely flat I realised  by looking at the pocket in my shorts I'd sewn the pocket in backwards. More seams unpicked, more pins carefully placed and then, oh how technical - tacking stitches sewn. I did all the sewing by hand and at last it is done. It certainly wouldn't bear examination by an expert seamstress but it does the job.
 I did a little gardening this morning, planting up the two trailing geraniums I bought from Lidl's. 
It's one thing commenting on the effect the pandemic is having on our lives here, where we have very few cases and it hasn't been too difficult to comply with the social distancing requirements. It's a far different matter when you hear, as we did that a good friend, a health service worker, has been very ill at home with the virus for the last 8 days in another part of the country. All we can do is keep our firends in our thoughts.

3 comments:

happyone said...

I've said a prayer for your friend!!
My son's girlfriends uncle died from the virus.
Our county is in a remote part of Maryland and we have very few cases also. Just 4 and that was more than a month ago. All have recovered!

Harriet said...

I hope your friend gets better! Covid19 is deadly even to healthy people!

Ruta M. said...

Thank you for your kind thoughts.