Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 19 April 2020

Sunny.

Sunny and warm again though every now and again passing clouds made the temperature drop.
The sewing machine repair man got in touch with us yesterday and it was arranged that I would drop the machine off in his garage this morning. Technically that's a trip I shouldn't have been making but I planned to call in at the garden centre's farm shop to get a few vegetables and compost for the climbers which made it a food shopping trip, sort of. 
I decided to go the back way to Ashford so that I could enjoy the fresh green new growth along the country lanes. However I arrived at the garden centre to find it closed. I'll have to order the compost from B&Q as a click and collect the next time I head out to the supermarkets. 
This afternoon I returned to my hunt for a kitchen sink. I had a fairly fruitless on-line search yesterday afternoon which I continued in the small hours of the night. I thought I'd found the perfect sink with an extra large basin until I checked the price - nearly £520! You can get a stainless steel sink for as little as £50 but I'd been looking at around the £100 price bracket. The sink didn't look five times better than the ones that had a basin almost as large. This afternoon's search yielded a suitable sink with a basin 520mm x 420mm x 200mm at a much more reasonable price. I just need to confirm a detail of the tap placement before we go ahead. Taps proved a lot easier though once again the vast variety of options took a while to sort through. The photo below (with added splashback of frosted glass,) gives a good idea of the style and colour scheme I'm aiming for.
We found time this afternoon to sit outside and enjoy the sun. We never get much reading done but spend our time chatting and this afternoon our neighbour joined in over the garden wall. The latest news from the hospital is that 15 people have been admitted with Covid and sadly 5 of them died. We know that the lockdown is continuing for at least another 3 weeks but I suspect it will be much longer.

No comments: