Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 10 April 2020

Hot, Hot, Hot.

Sun and heat all day today. Not good for keeping people inside their homes but wonderful if you have a garden to sit out in. I think that yesterday's official temperature was a bit conservative as the house interior thermostat read 22C at 9.00pm. without any heating. 
This afternoon I took a thermometer outside at 4.30 and the numbers speak for themselves. We sat outside for a while but not for too long. Unfortunately it isn't so peaceful outside when the neighbours keep their radio blaring music. At least they like a radio station which plays 70's and 80's music. It's so hot outside that the families with little children aren't out on the front grass yet.
Apart from mending a hole in the toe of one of Peter's house shoes I haven't done much out of my usual routine. Lately I've gone back to playing my guitar something that I'd let slip so it's going to take time for my fingertips to toughen up again. Surprisingly my brain has retained most of the fingering but chords are still a challenge. Today I was inspired enough to try and play from some of my music books (Dylan, Donovan, Leonard Cohen and Simon and Garfunkel). Didn't get very far after seeing so many new chords and ended up just picking out the tunes. I've also been spending longer at the piano. Using the headphones gives everyone else some peace.
I had a lot of trouble uploading today's photos. I tried putting in a new battery and jiggled all the connections to no avail. With all the extra usage of the internet there has been a noticeable slowing down of the service but I'm wondering if  my swapping from my Nikon and Peter's old phone might be confusing my PC. In the end I did a restart and with some patience I got my photos. 
I was idly skimming through the houses for sale in Borth and looking at the interiors when I came across this photo on the details of a house across the road showing Red Roofs against the blue sky and sea. We already know our neighbours in the light blue bungalow also the chap who lives in the house behind the tall hedge and another neighbour whose house is out of sight behind the blue painted garden wall.
Right now I'm listening to the latest news, some police have gone overboard with enforcing social distancing. One police officer has had to apologise to a family for telling them they couldn't be in their front garden. We've also had clarification from the government that once you're in a shop there is no restriction as to what you buy. Some police forces have tried to say that you could only buy 'essential' items and not things like Easters Eggs! Another person doing Tai Chi in a park bandstand was asked to do it elsewhere as it might encourage other people to join in or watch. That's just silly.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Some people just don't use common sense!!
Wow that was hot!! Hardly ever gets that hot here even in the middle of summer.
A cold windy day here.