Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 6 April 2020

Sunny.

Sunny again today but with the wind changing direction quite a bit cooler.
I had to go into town again to pay a bill at the bank and also to visit the pharmacy. We've always made a point of paying for work as soon as it's been done and an invoice issued. I think it's especially important now with people's incomes affected by the lockdown. Peter had checked when the bank would be open, 10.00 - 2.00, so I was a little shocked to find the doors firmly closed. Luckily I looked a bit further along and found a side door open with members of staff waiting to help. I was pleased to see that inside there were plastic screens to protect the staff. Waiting outside on the pavement was this lovely dog with its soft toy (not a puppy) also wearing a red collar. On the way home I swung by BJ's hoping that as they also sell some food and pet supplies they might be open but they weren't. I'm still waiting to buy us a couple of sunloungers.
Back home Peter mowed our lawn and a large portion of the communal grass. At the same time I trimmed the blob bush. I used my deadheading scissors rather than shears in order to avoid cutting off the tiny white flowers sitting just below the new growth. That took quite a time during which I had a long chat with my neighbour's daughter as she sat outside. It was interesting hearing about her recent travels in NZ ansd Asia. 
Looking out of the kitchen window yesterday I saw a wren having a dust bath on the flat top of a hefty fence post at the end of the garden. By the time I got my camera to a viewpoint from Peter's study she had gone but a pair of blackbirds were in the back garden. The male bird kept appearing from the ivy growing over the side fence. I wonder if they have a nest there? They wouldn't be in any danger from housebound Speedy but there are other cats around. (Haven't seen Fluffy Cat for a very long time.) 
The latest numbers of Covid patients at the hospital has increased to 13. Personal face masks - I've drawn out the paper pattern and cut the fabric for my first face mask. I was going to sit in the sun and hand sew but ran out of time today.

No comments: