Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 15 April 2020

Sunny.

Once more bright and sunny with a cool wind. I went out shopping this morning. I hadn't planned to go quite so soon but there was a bill to be paid. I drove into town and parked near the bank before heading out to Lidl's and Tesco's. There was a queue of 5 people before me at Lidl's which made my first wait outside not too long. In Lidl's there were plenty of Easter chocolates at half price, a tempting bargain. I compromised by only buying the small marzipan, chocolate and praline or fruit eggs which are sooooo nice. 
The queue was much longer at Tesco's but it moved very quickly. Inside many of the aisles have a one-way system, often ignored by shoppers and the staff collecting for deliveries, but helpful in keeping shoppers apart. I did treat myself to a browse of the clothes and home goods and bought some new white pillowcases which were less than half-price. On the way home I swung by B&Q having noticed that their doors were open but they were only there for click and collect orders. So no browsing around the plant area. On my way home I stopped to deliver some shopping to my friend who is stuck at home. 
When I got home I found that the new sun-loungers had arrived in time for us to sit out in the sun. Originally I was going to get black chairs but I thought these would go well with the blue ceramic spheres and planters which I aim to have on the new terrace.
Some photos of the latest work in the kitchen - while it is lovely to see the wall and ceiling nearly done there is a slight lack of any kitchen. As we don't intend to put in a fancy new kitchen until we sell this place that could be a bit of a problem. Fortunately the old units including the sink are in the garage and a certain number will have to go back in for the time being.
Standing in the kitchen looking out to sea - I can't wait to be sitting at the table by the window.
I've had terrible trouble today uploading photos. I thought it was sorted but I still haven't been able to upload the photos I took while I was in town using Peter's old phone. Then the latest photos from Borth were in zipped files which took a while to extract successfully.


1 comment:

happyone said...

That will be a great view for you!!
The chairs look comfortable and I like the color.